Hi, I'm Kelsey, a recent college grad with the world at my fingertips. I hope to share a little glimpse of my life through this space.... I've got big dreams and I'm gonna chase 'em.
As I go, I'll walk with the knowledge that I am never alone.





Thursday, November 4, 2010

Rest

These last few days have just been peaceful and I can feel rest. I have been more than stressed lately with school, work...more school, more work, deciphering the plan for my life after Graduation AHHHH I feel like there has been some over- stimulation of my brain neurons, that's for sure! But this week, despite having the same amount of work and school on my plate, there has been rest.

. This week He's been molding me into one still girl, one who can listen to Him and just be in His presence.

Comfort: an idol in America. A statement couldn't be more true. Comfort is one of the biggest idols in American society. I have found myself in a "comfort" mindset many times before. I will catch myself saying things like, "I want a job that will make me and my family comfortable. We can have fun and provide necessities while having a little extra". "It's SOOOO hot outside (summer). It's SOOOO cold outside (winter)." Hard to please. High expectations. Spoiled. Yes, all of the above. I think comfort has been added to a list of necessities for human survival somewhere, surely! (joke!)

I am spending the weekend at home. Hopefully away from all the usual hustle and bustle I experience during the week and away from stress and homework. I plan on sharing much more about China with my entire family and I am excited and anxious to hear all of their thoughts/reactions/prayers/etc.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete