Hi, I'm Kelsey, a recent college grad with the world at my fingertips. I hope to share a little glimpse of my life through this space.... I've got big dreams and I'm gonna chase 'em.
As I go, I'll walk with the knowledge that I am never alone.





Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend of Wonder

This weekend was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had our team retreat that lasted from Friday night to Sunday at lunch. There is really SO much I could write because it was awesome in many ways! I guess I'll give ya'll the details! :)

Friday we headed downtown Broad street for dinner, a little talk by Kevin Dilbeck (our district leader for CO), and a phone conference with some friends in China! Of course we ate Chinese food, as well! We knew it was storming, but honestly we were pre-occupied. I received 2 phone calls from my dad, so I figured I should answer. He told me there had been tornadoes touch down not even a mile from us! We hadn't heard anything! To say the least I was freaked out-I hate tornadoes! ANYWAY, we learned so much more about the culture and ways we could serve them and be respectful. We also learned about clothing, food, etc. It was really interesting! :) It made me really really excited! We headed up to Armuchee, GA (just a few miles from Rome) to a super cool cabin on a lake! This is where the real fun began! Abby and Cory (our team leaders) "initiated" us. They paired everyone up, sat one person down at a table, and placed the other person behind them. The person seated had to put their hands behind their back and the standing person reached around them to find a bowl of cheerios and one pair of chop sticks. You can probably guess what happened next! It was a competition to see who could feed their partner all the cheerios first. So many tactics were used, but only one was most successful--ME AND MEGAN WON! :) After we took our victory they announced that our partners were also our roommates! :) YAYAYAYAY! Megan and I are pumped about being roomies!!!! We then proceeded to play charades for HOURS! SO many memories were made!

On Saturday we woke up, had pancakes,eggs, and coffee--everyone had smiling faces and it was so wonderful! The guys were already making jokes by 9:45am... never a dull moment. We all had a quiet time in the word, then Kevin came in to give us TONS of info. We found out our weekly schedules (which are jam-packed!), itinerary, packing info, etc.etc. There was A LOT to know.. I'm glad I have it all in a nicely printed folder! We finished the day off with a time of group prayer which was very powerful.

On Sunday we were commissioned and had a parent luncheon! It was so good to see everyone with their family and loved ones! :) Spent the afternoon playing with Abel, my parents, Trev and his family. :)

Only 23 more days until we leave. It's actually becoming more realistic and it's sinking in that this is actually happening!

THE YARD SALE IS THIS WEEKEND--COME OUT AND HELP US GET THE LAST BIT OF SUPPORT WE NEED!


Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment